Humidifiers And Mold: The Connection

Once we have a place of our own, we tell ourselves that we will do whatever to make sure that is a safe and healthy space where we can relax. Once we get the essentials for our home, we start buying other things like scented candles, diffusers, and now humidifiers. However, what a lot of us do not realize when we buy a humidifier, we can potentially end up doing more harm for us than good.

Now humidifiers are considered to be a great help for people who happen to have severe allergies and nasal congestion. However, a humidifier can potentially cause more problems and aggravate our allergies rather than reduce them. If you are getting skeptical reading this, it is understandable, however, it is important to know that there is a link between humidifiers and mold growth.

If you break it down, mold grows in humid, moist conditions; and a humidifier in a closed room ends up increasing the moisture/humidity in a room. So, a humidifier can enable potential mold growth. So, if you bought a humidifier for the sake of reducing your allergies, the chances that you actually ended up worsening them are higher since mold can grow in the area, and where there is mold growth, there are more allergens. So, if you notice that your allergy is actually worse at home than outside, you have a mold problem. What you need to do is to monitor the level of humidity in your room, and if it is happens to be over 50%, then your room is vulnerable to potential mold growth. What you need to do in this scenario instead is to buy a dehumidifier rather than a humidifier. You can easily find the best dehumidifier – letsremovemold.com and see what they have to offer.